A leading multidisciplinary research university of education committed to build a strong nation.
CNU articulates a vision of the unity of knowledge in education that transcends various disciplines and backgrounds to attain the societal goal of human capital development that have an impact on reducing poverty and sustaining development. The different disciplines and backgrounds of the members of our university work together on the common goals of protecting and promoting the right of all people to obtain quality education at all levels. The multidisciplinary collaboration of faculty and scholars strives for positive influence and effect in the communities through education, research, and service.
To develop high-performing professional educators who generate new knowledge and help build progressive and peaceful communities.
The CNU mission comprises three mutually reinforcing thrusts:
(1) Transformative education that nurtures thinking individuals who are valued members and leaders of society;
(2) High impact researches that push the boundaries of knowledge in education and contribute to improving communities; and
(3) Strong partnerships that collectively and creatively addresses the development gaps of communities.
Acknowledging its vital role in nation-building through contributing to the development of human capital in the country, CNU functions to provide broad and general and highly specialized education that assists each learner to attain his or her full potential as a human being, enhance the range and quality of his or her participation in the basic functions of society and acquire the essential educational foundation for his or her development into productive and versatile citizens. CNU’s academic programs, research institutes and comprehensive extension activities provide leadership necessary for the advancement of knowledge in the country and improvement of the lives of the quality of life of the Filipino.
Goals and Objectives
In line with the University’s thrust to sustain its tradition of excellence and cultivate significance and in answer to its mandate to contribute to nation building, the delivery of quality higher and advanced higher education, significant contribution to knowledge generation in the nation and relevant extension services to the community are facilitated by excellent resource management and a healthy fiscal condition.
The University pursues five strategic directions for 2017 through various innovations and initiatives. To sustain quality and relevance, the following programs and activities will be pursued:
(1) Blended Instruction,
(2) Faculty and Student Exchange Programs,
(3) Streamlining of Processes,
(4) Internationally Based Faculty and Staff Development,
(5) Strong Industry and Academe Interface,
(6) Student Mobility Program; and
(7) Pursuit of Quality Assurance Mechanisms.
To enhance Research, Development and Innovation, the following programs and activities will be pursued:
(1) Establishment of Research Institutes,
(2) Research-Based Purposive Faculty and Staff Development,
(3) Cutting Edge Research Papers,
(4) Journal Incentivization Program,
(5) Citation Index,
(6) Generating Patents, Inventions, Copyrights; and
(7) Establishment of Research Ethics Committee.
To expand Community Engagement and Linkages, the following programs and activities will be pursued:
(1) Strengthening of partnerships with international and national agencies,
(2) Expansion of needs-based extension projects,
(3) Generation of externally-funded extension projects, and
(4) Pursuit of policy development initiatives for internationalization.
To achieve the Digitization and Automation of Operations, the University seeks to
(1) Implement content management systems (HRIS, online enrolment, faculty evaluation, et al) and
(2) Streamline the university website.
Lastly, to support Resource Generation and Utilization, the University seeks to
(1) create training centers for short-term courses and
(2) implement other income-generating projects
(Approved on April 24, 2010 through BOR Resolution No. 13, s. 2010)